Server team meeting minutes: 2016-03-15

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on March 15th, 2016 by Diogo Matsubara
  • jgrimm did some clean ups to the server blueprint. He asked to keep the action so he can do further clean ups to it next week.
  • smb didn’t get clarification from kernel team about ownership of kerneloops package but they synced the package anyway.
  • matsubara working on open-iscsi dep8 tests to avoid regressions such as bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/open-iscsi/+bug/1553017
  • smb hopes to help lamont fix a bind/dhcp issue
  • Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Mar 22nd at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Full agenda and log

Server team meeting minutes: 2015-11-03

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on November 3rd, 2015 by Diogo Matsubara
  • Thomas Ward will merge nginx 1.9.6 soon, which introduces http2. Apart from that it was a quiet meeting.
  • No meeting actions
  • Next meeting will be on Nov 10th 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting. hallyn will chair.

Full agenda and log

Server team meeting minutes: 2015-05-12

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on May 26th, 2015 by Kick In

Review Action Points from previous meeting:
– None

W Development:
– No https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WilyWerewolf/ReleaseSchedule yet
– No https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/topic-w-server yet
Release Bugs!
– One new bug since last meeting : http://launchpad.net/bugs/1452312
Blue Prints
– Still empty

Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou):
– Nothing to report

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara):
– Smoke tests running for Wily; some bugs found and fixes are under the way.
– There are some recent failures for Trusty as well which will be address next week.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
– smb: We are working on isolated recreation of bcache issues in 3,13. If anybody else is having new findings there let me know.

Ubuntu Server Team Events
– Forgotten

Open Discussion
– Openstack Developer Summit next week.
– Announce next meeting date, time and chair

Meeting Actions
– None


Next meeting will be on Tuesday, May the 19th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting. (in real the 26th as the 19th has been cancelled).

Server team meeting minutes: 2015-04-07

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on April 7th, 2015 by Corey Bryant

== Agenda ==

* Review ACTION points from previous meeting
* V Development
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VividVervet/ReleaseSchedule
* http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-v-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
* Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
* Ubuntu Server Team Events
* Open Discussion
* Announce next meeting date, time and chair
* ACTION: meeting chair (of this meeting, not the next one) to carry out post-meeting procedure (minutes, etc) documented at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase

== Minutes ==

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara) ====

* matsubara reports that some of the server smoke tests are still failing. He’ll investigate and report bugs as necessary.
* ”LINK:”: http://d-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/view/Vivid/view/Smoke%20Testing/

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges) ====

* smb reports that two bcache bugs need feedback: bug [[http://launchpad.net/bugs/1425288|1425288]] and bug [[http://launchpad.net/bugs/1425128|1425128]]. coreycb left action in place for James Page to have a look at those.

* smb reports that the UE is sprinting next week, so there is a high chance I might miss next weeks irc meeting (and probably same for arges and sforshee )

==== Meeting Actions ====

* James to give feedback on bugs 1425288 and 1425128

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Apr 14th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server team meeting minutes: 2015-03-31

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on April 1st, 2015 by Diogo Matsubara

== Agenda ==

* Review ACTION points from previous meeting
* V Development
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VividVervet/ReleaseSchedule
* http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-v-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
* Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
* Ubuntu Server Team Events
* Open Discussion
* Announce next meeting date, time and chair
* ACTION: meeting chair (of this meeting, not the next one) to carry out post-meeting procedure (minutes, etc) documented at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase

== Minutes ==

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara) ====

* matsubara reports that some of the server smoke tests are still failing. He’ll investigate and report bugs as necessary.
* ”LINK:”: http://d-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/view/Vivid/view/Smoke%20Testing/

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges) ====

* smb reports that two bcache bugs need feedback: bug [[http://launchpad.net/bugs/1425288|1425288]] and bug [[http://launchpad.net/bugs/1425128|1425128]]. matsubara assigned a action to James Page to have a look at those.

==== Meeting Actions ====

* James to give feedback on bugs 1425288 and 1425128

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Apr 7th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

2015-03-13 IRC Meeting Minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on March 24th, 2015 by Antonio Rosales

Agenda

  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
  • smoser follow up on #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-v-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server not working
  • arosales update QA Team rep to matsubara
  • V Development
  • Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (?)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
  • Ubuntu Server Team Events
  • Open Discussion
  • Announce next meeting date, time and chair

Minutes

Summary

This weeks meeting focused on identifying critical bugs as Vivid nears Final Beta Freeze (March 26). There was also some good discussion on rounding out Blueprints given the Vivid end-of-cycle is nearing. matsubara[QA] brought up an interesting smoke test Jenkins failure [https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1427821] that smb[kernel] help identify as a dup of https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1429849.

Open Compute Summit and Open Power Summit were also brought up as upcoming Ubuntu Server related events.

Info

  • User Interface Freeze this week
  • Final Beta Freeze on March 26

MEETING ACTIONS

* No specific actions identified this week.

AGREE ON NEXT MEETING DATE AND TIME

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, March 17th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Logs @ https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20150310

Server team meeting minutes: 2015-03-24

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on March 24th, 2015 by Robie Basak

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

The discussion about “Review ACTION points from previous meeting” started at 16:00.

  • dannf will look at bug 1427406 “data corruption on arm64” soon
  • Bug 1432715 “tomcat7 ftbfs in vivd (test failures)” is waiting on a fix in Debian
  • hallyn has updated the QA Team section assignee to matsubara
  • matsubara did file a bug for libpam-systemd’s dependency problem, but this is no longer relevant, has been marked Invalid, and he will follow up on further test failures in the QA topic later in the meeting.

Vivid Development

The discussion about “Vivid Development” started at 16:06.

  • No discussion was required.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara)

The discussion about “Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara)” started at 16:09.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)

The discussion about “Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)” started at 16:12.

  • smb reported that:
    • The Utopic+ nested issues on Precise host fix should be on its way into Precise. Beside that any other reports are still ongoing.
    • There were recent updates to nested kvm softlockups (bug 1413540) and some container netdevice cleanup (bug 1403152) bug which we still need to evaluate.
    • The KSM issue (bug 1435363) which was recently reported needs feedback on latest kernel.

Ubuntu Server Team Events

The discussion about “Ubuntu Server Team Events” started at 16:14.

  • No events to report.

Open Discussion

The discussion about “Open Discussion” started at 16:14.

  • Nothing was raised.

Announce next meeting date and time

The discussion about “Announce next meeting date and time” started at 16:15.

The next meeting will be at Tue Mar 31 16:00:00 UTC 2015. matsubara will chair.

Meeting Actions

None

Server team meeting minutes: 2015-1-20

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on January 20th, 2015 by Corey Bryant

Agenda

  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
    • gaughen to establish new qa-team point of contact for server team
  • V Development
  • Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (psivaa)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
  • Ubuntu Server Team Events
  • Open Discussion
  • Announce next meeting date, time and chair

Minutes

Meeting Actions
  • gaughen to establish new qa-team point of contact for server team — gaughen and beisner discussing – keeping as ACTION point

  • jamespage to answer question in bug 1410363 in response to smb

V Development

Today is Jan 20th.  Jan 22nd is alpha 2 (For opt-in flavors).  Feb 19th is feature freeze and debian import freeze.

Server & Cloud Bugs
caribou is busy on a CUPS bug & apport upstream issues
Ubuntu Server Team Events

FOSDEM is soon (Saturday 31 January and Sunday 1 February 2015) and hallyn is presenting lxd at FOSDEM on Sunday.

Open Discussion

teward says nginx merge coming as soon as the next debian updates come for it (assuming before featurefreeze). last merge introduced out of the box POODLE mitigations in the default confs.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Jan 27th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting. jamespage will chair.

IRC Log
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20150120

Server team meeting minutes: 2014-11-25

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on November 25th, 2014 by Diogo Matsubara

Agenda

  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
    • None
  • V Development
  • Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (psivaa)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
  • Ubuntu Server Team Events
  • Open Discussion
  • Announce next meeting date, time and chair

Minutes

Meeting Actions
  • matsubara to chase someone that can update release bugs report: http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-v-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
  • smb reports: “I did a few stable uploads for Xen in Utopic and Trusty. Though zul, you may want to hold back doing cloud-archive versions. There is more to come. 😉 Also from some email report on xen-devel there are a few things missing to make openstack and xen a better experience (bug #1396068 and bug #1394327 at least). I am working on getting things applied and SRUed.”
Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Dec 2nd at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting. kickinz1 will chair.

IRC Log
http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2014/ubuntu-meeting.2014-11-25-16.01.html

Server team meeting minutes: 2014-10-07

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes on October 14th, 2014 by Greg Lutostanski

Agenda

  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting

ACTION: all to review blueprint work items before next weeks meeting

  • U Development
  • Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (psivaa)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
  • Ubuntu Server Team Events
  • Open Discussion
  • Announce next meeting date, time and chair

Minutes

Final Freeze 9 days out
  • Check on FTBFS packages — seems like there has been good progress
  • Make sure are up to date, if resources are needed now is the time to ask.
  • Release bugs, no high priority ones, juju mirs and openstack bits are being worked.
  • kickinz1 brought up two bcache bugs (LP #1377130 and LP #1377142) to the kernel team for help.
Meeting Actions

None

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Oct 14th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

IRC Log

http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2014/ubuntu-meeting.2014-10-07-16.03.html