Server Team 20081111 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on November 12th, 2008 by Dave Walker

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Server FAQ

sommer started to update questions on the ServerFaq page. Questions that need to be updated are marked.

ACTION: mathiaz to add a section about updating the ServerFAQ to the Roadmap

ACTION: kirkland to review the RAID related questions

Get rid of old libdb versions

Work started to get rid of old libdb version during the Hardy release cycle. The list of packages needed a review needs to be updated in the Roadmap.

ACTION: zul to update the list of packages depending on libdb

Add augeas lenses

nxvl reported that lenses have been written during the last cycle. Upstream is still active. The state of lenses are tracked on a wiki page. He plans to write more lenses during this release cycle.

Update ServerGuide for Jaunty

sommer started to gather ideas about the updates to make to the Ubuntu Server Guide for Jaunty. All the ideas will be tracked in a specification.

ACTION: sommer to create a spec for the ServerGuide update in Jaunty

Merges and init script

mathiaz reminded that the archive is opened and merging is the main focus of the developers for now. kirkland added that checking if init scripts have a status action is welcome. If not adding one would be appreciated – steps to do so are outline on the InitScriptsStatusActions wiki page. A lot of packages have already been updated during the intrepid release cycle. More work is needed though.

ACTION: kirkland to update the init status action wiki page

Ubuntu Server survey

nijaba reminded everyone that the Ubuntu Server survey will close next Friday, November, the 14th. So far 6777 responses have been gathered (4105 full responses, 2672 responses not completely filled out).

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 18th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.