Server Team 20090811 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on August 14th, 2009 by Dave Walker

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.


Daviey announced he had built Asterisk 1.6 and made it available from the Ubuntu VOIP team PPA. There was some discussion about the dependencies: openh323 is already while pwlib seems to be broken in karmic. More investigation is required to check whether the pwlib package should be merge from Debian or the Ubuntu version should be fixed.

Server tips : implementation

Daviey reported he had created an ubuntu-server-tips project as well as a team. A package is also available from the Ubuntu server tips PPA with code available from a bzr branch. Testing and review is welcome. There was some discussion on internationalizing the package and its content.

Update Ebox to 1.3

zul proposed to update the ebox packages to the latest version – 1.3. foolano reported he would prepare some packages and ask for sponsorship to get them included in karmic.

ACTION: foolano to prepare new ebox packages for review

SRU weekly review

The server team conducted a review of the list of bugs that had been fixed over the week and discussed which one should be considered for an SRU.

This weekly review is one activity of the updated SRU process put in place in the Server team.

ACTION: mathiaz to create the list of server bugs nominated for supported releases

ACTION: mathiaz to create the accepted candidates list

ACTION: mathiaz to include the bugs lists in the meeting announcement

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 18th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.