Server Team 20091013 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on October 14th, 2009 by Dave Walker

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • ttx to review test plans and ensure they are aligned with 9.10: Done, pending some alignment by ara and the QA team
  • kirkland to confirm that his test rig is fully operational: Done
  • kirkland to adapt VM recipe(s?) to use libvirt: Deferred

ACTION: kirkland to adapt VM recipe(s?) to use libvirt

  • mathiaz to work with the QA team on a server bug day for Karmic: Done, running Oct 14
  • mdz to follow up with marjo regarding general QA support in Karmic: Done
  • smoser to follow up with mdz regarding UEC image testing capability: HW received, setup to be done
  • zul to fix m2crypto test suite and ensure that MIR is processed: some more fixups needed to testsuite

ACTION: zul to fix m2crypto test suite and ensure that MIR is processed

  • soren/niemeyer to arrange a meeting to discuss reference appliance plan of action: Discussed via email
  • mathiaz to document test plan for image store: niemeyer wrote instructions in image-store-proxy README

ACTION: mathiaz to add test case for image store in testcases wiki

  • zul to triage his assigned bugs: Done

Eucalyptus status

Eucalyptus is currently at 1.6~bzr919-0ubuntu3. We expect a last upstream merge today, and it’s likely to be > rev925 so we should wait for it before merging (fixes for 430266 and 449944). It should be delivered before 5pm PST on Tuesday. 432154 is still stuck on integration of an upstream patch that might fix SCSI attach. 446023 is also on kirkland’s tasklist and should get fixed asap. 446841 needs some upstream help which nurmi should provide today.

UEC/EC2 images

All serious bugs have now been squashed. 440757 is next on smoser’s list. 444605 should now be marked as completed, since slangasek agreed that with the -kernel-info.txt file and even just the manifest we have what we need.

Server Team bugmail

zul went through the server-ship seeds to make sure that the server team is subscribed to the bugmail for the stuff in the seeds and came up with a list of missing items. After some minor cleanups (packages no longer in the archive that should be removed from the seed), we agreed that this list should be added to ubuntu-server package list.

ACTION: zul to add missing server-ship packages to ubuntu-server

RC – FinalFreeze ahead

FinalFreeze is coming up this Thursday, so most fixes should be in by Wednesday. Only release-critical fixes will be granted an exception after that date. A server bug day will be held Wednesday to help catching the missing bugs that should be targeted to release. See for more information.

Agree on next meeting date and time

We are still trying to find the best time for this meeting. Something along the lines of what the desktop team uses ( could be used to help in the process.

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 20th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.