Server Team 20091125 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on November 26th, 2009 by Dave Walker

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Review ACTION from previous meeting

ACTION: ttx to review status of bugs 455625, 460085 and 461156 for any missing info ACTION: mathiaz to compile a list of easy merges for publication

Check blueprint status and progress for the week (mdz)

mdz reminded that the list of blueprints is used to track plans for Lucid. The focus is now on drafting the specifications after last week discussions at UDS. Work items should also be added to the blueprint whiteboard so that a burn down chart can be generated during the cycle. Once the wiki page is written and the work items have been defined the status of the blueprint should be set to Review.

All of the blueprints should be ready for review first thing Monday morning.

Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs: http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-server-assigned-bug-tasks.html (mdz)

Nothing was assigned to the team. Most of the bugs seemed to be SRU-related.

Work items tracking (mdz)

 

mathiaz asked how to handle work items that can’t be defined up-front as they depends on completion of existing work items. mdz suggested to create work items for each of the proposed changes. If some of them can be skipped, it’s easy to skip them later, but we don’t want to forget any. The most important thing is that the list is at approximately the right level of granularity, so that we make steady progress through the list. Work items need to fit into a 1-2 day chunk of work.

Weekly SRU review (mathiaz)

 

Only the hardy nomination list had one bug to be reviewed. The last two weeks of fixed bugs have also been reviewed for potential SRUs.

Spamassassin update

 

ScottK asked about the status of Spamassassin in Lucid. mathiaz replied that Daviey had been investigating the situation with upstream. He also suggested to define work items in the associated blueprint even if the drafter doesn’t plan to do the work. Documenting what needs to be done may help in getting things moved forward by other people.

Agree on next meeting date and time

 

kirkland to discuss a new time slot with maria.

Next meeting will be on Wednesday, December 2nd at 14:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20091111 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on November 11th, 2009 by Dave Walker

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

ACTION: nurmi to help investigate/validate/fix bugs 455625, 460085 and 461156

  • Daviey to investigate spamassassin status in lucid: Done

  • mathiaz to update the fridge: Done

UDS: server track planning

mdz will schedule the server track before the end of the week. To make sure he doesn’t miss your blueprint, please name it server-lucid-* and set him as approver. There can be two parallel sessions in the server track (as with other tracks), so you should subscribe to the blueprints you are interested in to try to avoid scheduling conflicts.

Merging, merging, merging

Lucid is open for merging, which is a great way to learn packaging for starters. Since compiling a list of easy merges seemed to help last time, mathiaz will compile it again this time and blog about it.

ACTION: mathiaz to compile a list of easy merges for publication

Open Discussion

nijaba mentioned bug 450044, which allowed to spot that ubuntu-server was not a bug contact for euca2ools (now fixed). Most of the crew is expected to enjoy the great(?) texan winter in Dallas next week.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next week is UDS Lucid, so next meeting will be on Wednesday, November 25th at 14:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Server Team 20091104 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on November 6th, 2009 by Dave Walker

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

ACTION: kirkland to add a recipe covering virsh to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM/VirtManager

  • nurmi to investigate bug 455625

ACTION: nurmi to investigate bug 455625

UDS Lucid preparation

ttx created a wiki page for 10.04 input from server team. mathiaz reminded that there will two tracks dedicated to the Server team like the last UDS.

Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs

 

A discussion about adding python-software-properties to ubuntu-standard took place. soren noted that if the request was to add the package to the default server install adding it to ubuntu-standard may not be the best place. zul will look into that with the Fondation team.

ScottK mentioned that it looked like courier was pretty badly broken at the moment and in need of at least a serious triage effort.

Eucalyptus Karmic SRU

 

mathiaz announced that a first round of bug fixes for UEC in Karmic had been prepared. Packages are being uploaded to -proposed. Help in testing them will be welcome once they’re accepted by the SRU team.

Daily EC2 images

 

smoser reminded that ‘daily’ images of karmic for EC2 are now automatically published twice weekly. Image removal is now covered by the new policy In short, 5 builds of each release/arch are kept in ‘testing’ (daily builds). When a build ‘falls off’, it is made private for 30 days before deletion. This policy covers kernels and ramdisks in ‘-testing’ also. The code is available in LP – feedback is welcome!

spamassassin review

 

ScottK pointed to the state of spamassassin in Lucid: the upstream project hasn’t done a new release in over a year. Questions about its fate (leave it stale, switch to svn snapshot, other solution) should be discussed during UDS.

ACTION: Daviey to investigate spamassassin status in lucid

Agree on next meeting date and time

 

ACTION: mathiaz to update the fridge

Next meeting will be on Wednesday, November 11th at 14:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.