Server Team 20091202 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on December 3rd, 2009 by Dave Walker

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

Review ACTION from previous meeting

ACTION: ttx to review status of bugs the following bugs for any missing info

  • 455625: lacking some reproduction, the Eucalyptus team marked it invalid
  • 460085: missing some feedback from the Eucalyptus team, basically the results of their long-standing rampart tests
  • 461156: fixed in Lucid, SRU pending

ACTION: mathiaz to compile a list of easy merges for publication

Check blueprint status and progress for the week (jib)

  • Feature Definition Freeze is this week.
    • All Alpha2-targed blueprints must be approved by then.
    • All non-Alpha2 blueprints will have at least summary, rationale & user story in the spec, and any notes taken from UDS

  • Non Alpha2, but ready for review:
    • other-cloud-providers
    • vmbuilder-multiple-outputs
  • To track progress during Alpha2, we will:

Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs: http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-server-assigned-bug-tasks.html (jib)

  • Nothing assigned to team

Weekly SRU review (mathiaz)

2009 Server Survey announce: http://nicolas.barcet.com/drupal/en/2009-server-survey-announce

Nick Barcet announced the 2009 Server Survey. To improve exposure, any of you that can republish the announce on a loco planet or some other means do relay the info in the next couple weeks. So far, the plan is to keep the survey up at least until mid-january. Nick will shortly send an email to the server ML with the same information.

Open discussion

  • Spamassassin – 3.3.0 will hit beta “soon”, Daviey emailed the DM to ask if he wants to work together to get the package updated.
  • Mdz & sabdlf covered server specs for Lucid yesterday. Sabdfl was very pleased with the work that was put in.

Agree on next meeting date and time

  • Several people would prefer the meeting to be slightly later in the day. ACTION on jos to coordinate with Maria & Kirkland to find a more suitable hour if possible.

  • Until further notice, next meeting will be on Wednesday, December 9th at 14:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.