Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.
Review ACTION points from previous meeting
- mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community: carried over
- ALL to mark maverick assigned specs as “Implemented” or Deferred: carried over
jjohansen to look into virtual kernel bug status (658461): carried over
jjohansen to look into t1.micro java lockup bug (634487): in progress
- It’s Syncs and merges season, please cover your bits.
UDS sessions relating to server are listed at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/~ttx/+specs?role=subscriber
- All blueprints should now be filed.
- We may consider an extra blueprint about openvswitch, need to define use cases first.
- For good scheduling, everyone should mark themselves essential to the sessions where they are indeed essential. That is done through Subscribing to the blueprint and marking yourself essential to the discussion.
- Set yourself as drafter on UDS sessions you want to lead. If you can’t do that, ask ttx to do it for you.
Bug 661547 – Existing patch gssapi.diff makes guess_service_principal produce garbage: blocked by other fix in -proposed
Bug 657149 – squid fails to upgrade: incomplete
Bug 658227 – openldap fails to upgrade: in -proposed
Bug 660227 – php5-pgsql crash on getting an error back from postgres: in -proposed
Bug 600174 – axis2c fails to build from source on maverick/i386: Daviey will ping doko about it at UDS
- We need to revive the SRU tracker for Maverick to ease SRU work tracking.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
- smoser proposed kernel bug bounties under a beer form.
- kernel version for natty should be 2.6.37 or .38
smoser raised Bug 662842 (remove linux-ec2 from natty): jjohansen said it was on his TODO alraedy
- robbiew is now Canonical server team interim manager.
- ScottK mentioned a discussion on the ML that wasn’t translated into a spec yet: fixing hostname detection/setting. This is a foundations spec, but of great interest for server. Robbie filed it and subscribed Scott to it.
mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community (carry over)
ALL to mark maverick assigned specs as “Implemented” or Deferred (carry over)
jjohansen to look into bug 634487 and bug 658461 (carry over)
ttx to check if a session is needed around openvswitch
ALL to subscribe to BPs where their attendance is required
ALL to set themselves as drafter where they want to lead sessions
zul to check SRU tracker status
Agree on next meeting date and time
Next meeting will be Tuesday 2010-11-02 at 1800 UTC – #ubuntu-meeting (10/26 cancelled for UDS).