Server Team 20100928 meeting minutes

Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on October 4th, 2010 by Dave Walker

Meeting Actions

  • [ACTION] SpamapS to chase drizzle in maverick decide between “broken” and “removed” with slight possibility of “beta”
  • [ACTION] jiboumans to send an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or blog post for call for ideas
  • [ACTION] (carryover) mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

  • SpamapS will continue to follow up on drizzle in maverick.

Maverick development (jib)

RC release status (ttx)

  • Only critical issue at that time was Eucalyptus upgrade

The road to 10.10.10 release (ttx)

  • ISO testing is in progress (subsequently finished with all tests run and on time)
  • Daily triage is particularly important right now. Please take care to find high impact issues.
  • EC2 Images for RC were waiting on 649833

  • Daviey and Mathaiz will cover general RC release issues, with smoser handling UEC images

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • hggdh sent a mail to ubuntu-devel proposing a change on the usage of ‘regression-*’ tags. Comments are appreciated.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • user-data corruption bug bug is fixed
  • 574910 is expected to move into SRU this week

  • there will be a 0 day kernel update that the kernel team is queuing fixes for

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

  • no discussion

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)

  • This week, kim0 is collecting feedback from “newcomer” Ubuntu server ocmmunity. The goal being to understand if we’re doing a good job accepting new community members, availing helpful data, things to work on, and guidance along the path.
  • kim0 has recieved pings from a dozen people who would like to contribute
  • cloud portal ( is expected to be released soon.

  • To see the cloud portal now, add “” to /etc/hosts and visit

Open Discussion

  • 582963 in apache2 was discussed some, it is being deferred to Natty.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 12th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.