Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on November 18th, 2010 by Dave Walker
Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with the irc logs here.
- ALL: please check the SRU tracker https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/SRUTracker and help out with verification
- robbiew to review /ServerTeam wiki
- SpamapS to email a concrete proposal for addressing SRU verification backlog
- There are a great number of unnasigned SRU-nominated bugs. We should try tomake progress on the lucid ones before 10.04.2. SpamapS will devise a concrete proposal for addressing the backlog and email it for comment.
- hggdh sent out a call for packges running testsuites during build. He got some more packages to build, and they are already on the process.
- Robbie’s main focus with blueprints is to identify work we know we can’t do. For the most part, looking good. He hopes to have it all sorted by Friday.
- After almost 10 minutes spent discussing maverick SRUs, it was suggested that while they had been important to discuss immediately after release, they should now be globbed into the big list with lucid ones. Skaet will be sending an email about a bi-weekly meeting to cover SRU’s. Serge will remove them from the server team agenda.
- hggdh is working with zul to take over part of the SRU process.
Agree on next meeting date and time
Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 23d at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.
Posted in Ubuntu Server meeting minutes, Uncategorized on November 15th, 2010 by Dave Walker
Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.
- mathiaz: to verify SRU bug 666028
- ALL: please check the SRU tracker for verification-needed bugs and help out with verification
- SpamapS: change kernel team representative from jjohansen to smb in meeting agenda going forward
- robbiew: update the fridge calendar with new ubuntu server meeting time
- hggdh: contact Ubuntu Developers asking for packages which run test suites during build.
Review ACTION points from previous meeting
Because the previous meeting was pre-UDS, there were no ACTION points to review.
Specifications should be submitted for review, robbiew is reviewing/approving those that are ready.
JamesPage brought up bug #666028 as it would need verification.
This brought up the bigger topic that there are no actual resources available to do verification of SRU’s right now, so we should all allocate some time to watching for SRU’s that are marked verification-needed and verify when possible. These are listed in Chuck’s SRU tracker: http://people.canonical.com/~chucks/SRUTracker/sru-tracker-bugs.html#verified_bugs
- There was talk of a “daily verification” schedule similar to bug triage. Discussion of this further is deferred.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
- The ISO images page was consolidated, causing some confusion. hggdh thought we were going to have to start doing ISO testing for MAC, armel, PPC, even possibly PS3.
- robbiew put this to rest, i386/amd64 are the only ones requiring server ISO testing. This was just the result of consolidation.
- hggdh is expanding daily builds to include any packages that run extensive tests during their build process.
- All are encouraged to send examples to hggdh. He will contact ubuntu developers for help in finding more.
- mathiaz noted that rules files could be grepped for the ‘nocheck’ test that is suggested for any large test suites during build.
Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
- jjohansen has transitioned his role as server team kernel delegate to smb
- smb notes kernel bug #415353 which he will be looking into to help address issues with teh bnx2x drivers.
- jjohansen noted that there is an SRU pending for bug #651370 which causes ec2 to crash with an invalid opcode in maverick
- jjohansen noted that pv-on-hvm drivers are in the natty kernel and will undergo testing/experimentation in the short term.
Meeting time and scheduling
- The meeting is a bit late in the day for many of the european participants, so it was proposed, and accepted, to move the meeting back to 1600 UTC.
- robbiew will add an entry to the official #ubuntu-meeting calendar on the fridge
- RoAkSoaX would like people to review his split for cluster-stack library packages. SpamapS suggests adding a merge proposal and asking ubuntu-server for review.
Agree on next meeting date and time
Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 16th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.