Server Team 20090721 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

ttx brought up the problem of making sure that ‘fix released’ bugs were properly reviewed for SRU worthiness. The missing part today is someone making sure everything relevant is nominated. The proposal is to get a list of fixed bugs in the past week, review it in the server meeting and nominate relevant ones.

ACTION: mathiaz to come up with a way to generate a list of fixed bugs in the last week for packages relevant to the ubuntu server team.

Preparing a 2009 edition of the Server Survey

nijaba announced it had almost been a year since the first survey had been launched. He started to update the question set for this September. Anyone interested in helping should have a look at the wiki page and file bugs against the project with suggestions.

ACTION: nijaba to write a blog post asking for review of the ubuntu-server survey questions.

Ubuntu HA team: Cluster stack update

RoAkSoAx worked on updating ipvsadm to 1.25 which includes support for ipv6. ivoks is still working on the pacemaker update.

ACTION: RoAkSoAx to update the Roadmap section of the Ubuntu HA team with a short description of how the cluster stack would look like in karmic

Cloud power management

kirkland released powernap and powerwake as two opensource pieces of the puzzle. Hooks have been added to eucalyptus to use powernap to suspend/hibernate/poweroff cloud nodes when unused and powerwake to resume them when demand requires. UEC is now a “breathable” cloud.

kirkland added that powernap was actually generally useful for servers: sort of like a screensaver, but instead of saving your screen, you’re saving your powerbill (and the planet). He is interested in other ideas, use cases, servers where powernap can be used.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, July 28th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Leave a Reply